Sonia Alleyne is an accomplished content, media and career strategist with an established track record of navigating prestigious corporate spaces. Throughout her career, she’s generated effective messaging for broad, diverse audiences. Sonia is the former Press Secretary and Director of Public Information for the New York City Department of Finance. Prior to this, she was the editorial director at Black Enterprise, directing cross-platform editorial exclusives with top business talent.
Sonia is an expert at crafting key narratives and raising representation where it matters. She succesfully commisioned groundbreaking stories including “Black and Gay in Corporate America,” earning the 2012 GLADD Media Award for Outstanding Magazine Article. Sonia became a recognized television correspondent for her financial and professional development contributions on Black Enterprise Business Report and Our World with Black Enterprise.
Sonia has remained dedicated to lifting others as she climbs, encouraging career women across the nation. She is the founding editorial director of the Black Enterprise Women of Power Summit and an advisory board member for the California Women’s Conference. Sonia is a co-author of Good is Not Enough: And Other Unwritten Rules for Minority Professionals, which was nominated for an NAACP Image Award.
Now, Sonia brings the gift of effective corporate career navigation to deserving career women with I Kick Ass At Work (IKAAW). This in-depth guide to career crafting, self-promotion and professional self-governance will eqiup working women with the tools they need to kick ass and take names on and off the clock.
"Sonia's words and impeccable strategies are helping me on my personal and career journey. I recommend this book to everyone wanting to elevate their life!"
Get "I Kick Ass At Work" NOW!
• I Kick Ass at Work! is the first journal created for career and professional advancement
• I Kick Ass at Work! allows women to gather the details of their work history in one place so they have access to accurate and complete data to better demonstrate their expertise
• Having complete and accurate data will significantly improve resumes and LinkedIn profiles
• Regular journaling will help women identify habits in their work behavior that may be sabotaging their success and allow them to create resolutions to change them.
• Tips and strategies are from top leaders in Corporate America, i.e., Oprah Winfrey, Ursula Burns, Carla Harris, and more.
"Excellent journal. Sonia does an amazing job in helping women succeed in the workforce. I highly recommend it!!!"
I love this career journal it is the perfect way to start my 2021. It is motivating me to look at my professional growth in a new way. Every step of the way it encourages me to ask myself the tough questions on where I see myself in my career and what I have to offer my employer so that I am successful. If you are ready to take your profession to the next level and ready to do the work the journal WILL help you!